Activity No. 1
DIFFERENTIATE LIVING AND NONLIVING THINGS
Glue / paste
1. From the magazines that you have, select pictures that you think shows characteristics of living and nonliving things.
2. Collect and separate cut-out pictures of at least five living and five nonliving things then paste them on your activity sheet. Examine your collection.
3. Make a list of specimen to be studied by preparing the table below to present your observations.
4. Determine the characteristics possesses by each specimen, based on the table. Record your answer as “YES” or “NO” or “NOT SURE” on the boxes.
III. Data and Observation
Does move Does eat Does breath Does grow Does reproduce Does possess energy
1. Can nonliving things demonstrate some characteristics of living things?
2. Is life possible without the interaction between living and non-living things? Why?
3. Why do you think the study of living things as in Biology, important?