Activity No. ___
Effect of salt solutions on plant
1 pc. big potato
2 pcs. jars / cups
1. Label the jars Setup A and Setup B. Then fill it up with water.
2. Add spoonful of salt in Setup A. Stir until the salt dissolves.
3. Cut three to five slices of potato about 2mm.
4. Put an equal number of potato slices in each jars.
5. Leave the potatoes soaked for 20 minutes.
6. Take out the slices.
| || |
1. Which potatoes have lost water from the cells?
2. Which potatoes have gained water from the cells?